Saturday 3 June 2017

Letter to self

Dear Me,
I am sorry I haven't been looking after you enough lately. I am sorry I let you stay lost while trying to find others. I am sorry I don't love you as much as you deserve. I am sorry I let people hurt you so much, so bad. Most importantly, I am sorry I couldn't accept you the way you are.
Well, I have been trying to describe you. And I found out that all I know about you is the bad parts. All I want from people is to abandon you for all the bad I see. All I want from friends is to find out who you really are and leave you alone.
 But I haven't been successful as you must know. And thank God I didn't end up doing it.
And now I am back for you. I know what you need.  Or maybe I don't.  But then maybe that is the entire point of this life.
At least I know what I am not doing to you anymore. I am no more introducing you  with your flaws. I am no more looking for somebody to accept you for all the bad things. Or for that matter, I am not looking forward to you being accepted anymore. The only acceptance you need is from me and from this moment onwards, I promise you that I will try as hard as I can to not let you down. Again.
And now I will introduce you as the one who smiles... As the one who stares at flowing water like her life depends on it.. As the one people think of as naïve but you don't care.. As the one who is not afraid to fight for self.. And probably as the one who learned to love you. 🍁🍁

4 comments:

  1. So finally you are on the right track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya hats off!! sach main accha tha this time i am not joking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't as bad as you said it was. It's actually really good (read:amazing)

    ReplyDelete